Home of the Insane Bard
It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:39 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: 2013 Recap_01
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:54 am 
Speed: Bard Speed
Speed:  Bard Speed

Friday - dialysis run, cleaning for visitors

Saturday - Picked them up at 9am, breakfast at Dennys, drove the guys around for a while. Dinner at a jewish deli.

Sunday - did some dailies, got my monk to 76, priest halfway through 78, picked them up from their hotel, cooked them lunch, dropped them off at the bus. Watched movies.

Found out my Wii is dead; 75 dollar repair for the drive. Ugh. dunno what I'll do.

Dale, you know how out of the what, 12 years we've known each other, you're always surprised about how close together things are here, that I can drive 3 hours (Austin-Dallas, for example) and hit multiple states in any given direction?

Well these guys from NYC kept commenting on how far between things were, that it took 25 minutes/25 miles to get from the bus stop to my house, that it took 20 minutes to drive to a store they wanted to go to. That sort of thing. Being from Queens, NYC, they're much more used to things being "around the corner."

Just a funny contrast. :)

Post subject: Re: 2013 Recap_01
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:38 am 
Speed: Bard Speed
Speed:  Bard Speed

Also it might sound a little strange but I was a little bummed to find I'd missed the guild dinging 25, but that's okay :)

Post subject: Re: 2013 Recap_01
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:47 am 
Insane Bard
Insane Bard

20-25 minutes is just around the corner.....

Sorry you missed the ding as well. I got the monk up to 76 (pretty sure it is 76, could be 77). I hate the random stuff on Argent Dawn. I've run into a half dozen DK bots (they just run forward and kill stuff and death grip stuff) even if it means charging a group or two ahead. At no point do they say anything. It also paths like mobs at times backtracking in an open hallway before going forward again. The foreign server (gridiron?) also continues to be highly annoying. On the bright side, instant queues as a tank.

Sunday morning I was carrying Bailey downstairs. She hurt her back and is on bed rest for a couple of weeks. Anyhow, coming down the stairs Sunday morning I fell the last step or two. My big toe is either broken or sprained. I'm leaning towards sprained since there isn't any discoloration in the swelling. It is a bitch to hobble around on though. I talked with a nurse this morning. She said they could xray it if I came in, but most likely they would just tape it to the next toe and tell me to keep it iced, elevated, and rested. I'll save the $50+ for copay plus xray and just ask my doc about it next week for my annual appointment.

Mandy has been playing a little Super Meat Boy. This surprised me a bit since she doesn't usually enjoy games like that. It is also a pretty difficult game. She completed the first chapter and is one level away from the boss on chapter 2. She cusses at the TV which is pretty funny. I have played it a bit lately as well. I previously opened up the entire light world and some of the dark. I have the achievements in Steam for it but they are not available on my current installs. I'm up to the last level to finish light world again.

I'm in the next to last area of my modified FF13 game. I just need to make time to finish it.

For the rest of the month, I am covering two of the Tax/Law CPA Exam Review classes for the other instructor that I have to prepare for. My regular classes in February were completely redone (again) so I need to put in about 30 hours preparing for those before the end of the month. I also have about 27 hours of CPE to do before the end of March that I need to cut into this month.

So much to do, so little time. It is getting hard to remember what it was like when I just worked and gamed.