Xegony Bard

Home of the Insane Bard
It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:45 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: 2012 Recap_43
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:34 am 
Speed: Bard Speed
Speed:  Bard Speed

Friday - after picking Dad up from dialysis, I left my car at mom's because I needed to do work on it on Saturday, so brought her car home. Did Direbrew all night interspersed with questing on Arrana.

Saturday - did some dailies and some Direbrew in the morning before heading over Mom's to do the actual car work. We only got halfway done (we still needed to put the heater core IN and put the dash back together) when we decided it was too cold and we were too tired to continue, so I left around 5:45. On the way home (in Mom's car) the battery died, so my brother had to come out to get me. More WoW - I ended up getting all of the Brewfest trinkets on Arrana by just after midnight on Saturday.

Sunday - more WoW in the morning, then went back over Mom's to finish the car work. In addition to finishing my car, we did Mom's car in record time. After I got home, I did some more WoW, including getting to some 3 bubbles to 90 before calling it a night and passing out way too early.

Post subject: Re: 2012 Recap_43
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:57 am 
Insane Bard
Insane Bard

I taught all day on Saturday. I like this group since they actually speak and don't just sit there like zombies. It is still a long farking day though.

The rest of the weekend was pretty routine.

I also was fiddling with PS1 saves. I still have an old Dex Drive which allows you to plug in a PS1 memory card and put saves onto your computer (or from computer onto the card). I jacked my serial to usb converter from a work device to make it work, but it did work. I can't find my old big PS1 memory card with all my stuff though. I also found out the PS3 cannot read any harddrive unless it is formated in FAT32. I further found out that none of the typical PS1 save formats read on the PS3. It uses its own type of save. I found plenty of things to convert from the PS3 format out to the other formats but apparently there is some encryption that hasn't been broken that won't let you go from the old format into the new one. This sucks since that would be the main thing I'd do with it. As usual, the FF saves at the beginning of games with max of everything are fun to toy with for a little bit. There are those types of saves available in the new format even. I may look into finding a maxed out FF12 save file. I loved the story on that game but the system absolutely drives me nuts. It would be nice to go through the story again but I won't deal enough with that system. With an insanely over-powered, already have everything setup I might make it through.

I also played around a little with some PS3 game saves moving over to the PS3 (after a proper backup of existing saves). It is possible (and easy) to move from a downloaded save to the PS3. It gives a warning about the save being from a different profile though and no achievements will function (not a big deal). I tested this with an interesting FF13-2 save. There is a save that has max money, max of all items (not armor/weapons though), and max CC points at the start of the game. It could be fun to toy around with some of that at some point. There are other saves out there with everything unlocked already as well.

Post subject: Re: 2012 Recap_43
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:04 am 
Insane Bard
Insane Bard

and then I remember that FF12 is a PS2 game and I can't play it on my PS3......so much for good ideas.....