Xegony Bard

Home of the Insane Bard
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:54 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: 2012 Recap_34
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:10 pm 
Speed: Bard Speed
Speed:  Bard Speed

Friday - I didn't have to pick Dad up from dialysis (which was freaking awesome, because he went in 3 hours early) so on the way home I stopped to do some shopping. Only to find out m'Lady hadn't left the house yet for the wedding she was going to be in, so I rushed home, hung out for a few, then went back out briefly before returning home to do some Minecrafting. Or did I do Star Ruler? I don't remember.

Saturday - got up bright and early (well not really, I slept poorly and stayed in bed til almost 8), showered and went out for International Geocaching Day. Got breakfast, then right across the street where the cache was hidden, parked on a bench to eat. As I did so, a guy walked into the gazebo and fell asleep. I waited a further twenty minutes to see another guy ride up very shakily (ie drunk) on his bicycle, park it next to the gazebo, and walk across the street to bang on the door to the liquor store. Keep in mind this is before 9am. Then he walked back to the gazebo and woke the first guy up when he almost fell trying to sit down. Anyway, I tried to find two more, only to get blocked in similar ways, before I "cheated" and went back to a spot that had a cache previously (which I'd found, but it had been removed) and found the new cache there. Did a little more shopping, then ran to Mom's to borrow her extra propane tank, then back home where I fiddled on some Star Ruler, then m'Lady's dad came over to help me put together the grill. Unfortunately he didn't want to stay for dinner so I took myself out for a brisket sandwich at the nearby bbq place. It was okay, only a six or so out of ten.

Sunday - got up early (yes, I didn't sleep in) showered but then vegged for an hour while my stomach pill took hold, had breakfast, then went out by 7:30. Looked for two more geocaches, came up empty, finally found one, went to Walmart for more shopping, home, then back out. Originally for more geocaches, and food shopping, I ended up actually randomly driving for more than 50 miles around South Jersey before stopping at my customary consignment store for bookshelves (but they didn't have any.) So I got home by noon30, suited up, and mowed/whacked/edged/cleaned the yard. Unfortunately that gave me a migraine, so I didn't get to do any of the wood moving I needed to do, and ended up popping on MC a little with Dale before logging off for a nap and trying to clear off the DVR. So now it's 9pm, I'm kind of hungry, missing m'Lady, and I really, really don't want to go to work tomorrow. Oh, and with her birthday being Wednesday, I have no idea what else to get her. LE sigh.

Speaking of clearing off the DVR, Dale, I saw a Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives episode featuring the "Green Mesquite BBQ" place in Austin. Ever go?

Post subject: Re: 2012 Recap_34
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:44 am 
Insane Bard
Insane Bard

I have not heard of that place, but I don't get into Austin proper all that much and avoid I35 like the plague.

I am with you as well on the birthday front. Mandy's is next week and I don't have a clue. She also starts 3 classes next week and her birthday is on Wednesday (the one day she doesn't have class).

It was an entirely way too short weekend for us. I got some productive stuff done and some not so productive. I was having work week dread Sunday evening.

I talked Mandy into starting a game (FF6) and she is a couple of hours into that. I played a little on Chrono Trigger but didn't make much forward progress. I just reacquired Frog (Wart in my games) and took Magus down. I forget where I'm headed to next, but it has been entertaining.

In Minecraft I looked up an automatic wheat farm and then made it bigger. It didn't work out like it was supposed to and I had to make adjustments. When I finally got it working and fully planted I got blown up by a creeper, which blew up the switch, which flooded my just-planted farm. Once that got fixed it works like a champ. I think Mike said something about 11 stacks of wheat on a single flush. My cactus farm isn't producing much at all. That or what it is producing is simply expiring before it can be collected. I also explored more on the dungeon I found. I found about 3 different ways to the surface from it. I also found more lava. Then I found more lava, then some more after that. I don't know that I'll ever finish exploring that dungeon set out. I am debating making a castle of similar scope of my last one, but this time in the sky. Of course, if I do that I won't be able to do a dungeon. Hmmmm....

Post subject: Re: 2012 Recap_34
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:53 am 
Speed: Bard Speed
Speed:  Bard Speed

Dale wrote:
I think Mike said something about 11 stacks of wheat on a single flush.

11 stacks of seeds, 19 stacks of wheat. :)

Quote:
I am debating making a castle of similar scope of my last one, but this time in the sky. Of course, if I do that I won't be able to do a dungeon. Hmmmm....

Well, it's not like you can't do both...