Xegony Bard

Home of the Insane Bard
It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:50 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: 2012 Recap_33
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:12 am 
Speed: Bard Speed
Speed:  Bard Speed

Thursday night - our air conditioner died. Le sad, ubersad.

Friday - tried to hit up a couple geocaches on the way to getting Dad from Dialysis but ended up getting eaten alive by mosquitos even though I had sprayed down with Deep Woods Off. Ugh.

Saturday - Since my geocaching plans sadly fell through, did some more of the wood carrying (down to about 30 trips remaining), then some housework, then went over Mom's to hang with Dad. Mom, Sis, and Bro all decided to try to fulfill a couple of mom's bucket list items - seeing the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, and taking the Cape May-Lewes Ferry. So they planned an overnight for it. Anyway, Dad and I had pizza and cheesesteaks for dinner then watched Close Encounters. I fell asleep watching Dark of the Moon (I was tired, and it was after midnight, so thphphpt)

Sunday - in response to a text message I got informing me that a new geocache had been published Saturday night, I left the house as soon as I got up at 7:15 to find it. Made the first find around 8am, picked up breakfast for me and dad (a new restaurant called Amy's Omelets, it was decent, but I still can't eat eggs) then headed back home for a little bit.
Did some testing and discovered it's not the air conditioner that died, but instead the blower attached to the heater that is making a horrible grinding/rubbing/not-quite-right sound.
Back at Mom's, picked up some food to make dinner, and threw together my Savory Sausage and Sauerkraut.
They finally got home around 10, I stayed a little for pictures, then went home.

Post subject: Re: 2012 Recap_33
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:48 am 
Insane Bard
Insane Bard

A/C problems suck and are expensive. I hope it works out for you.

Friday night we had a couple of friends over (1 for the first time; guy from Graffes) and we played the board game Smallworld. It was fun.

We cleaned out the master closet (all 2 square feet of it anyhow) and I moved a bunch of stuff from other closets into it. All our board game stuff, my old stuff, the C64, NES, SNES, etc are all now stacked and organized in our closet. This frees up much of the space in the other closet so we can tackle it next. The vague hope is to be able to finally clean up and organize all the baby stuff we just have thrown in Hannah's closet (and where all my old stuff and board games were previously hogging all the room). I took about 4 bags of clothes to Goodwill along with a handful of board games. It was really sad giving up a trio of board games I've had since I was in elementary school.

The rest of the weekend was pretty normal. This week is looking to be a bugger already though.

Post subject: Re: 2012 Recap_33
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:14 am 
Speed: Bard Speed
Speed:  Bard Speed

Dale wrote:
It was really sad giving up a trio of board games I've had since I was in elementary school.

If they're that old, and in good condition, you could put them up on ebay or craigslist. 80s nostalgia is still running high lately.