Xegony Bard

Home of the Insane Bard
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:03 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: 2012 Recap_32
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:01 am 
Speed: Bard Speed
Speed:  Bard Speed

Friday - the usual. Played some FF13-2, started to fall asleep around 9pm doing so, so I stopped then played some Minecraft. Actually I can't really say I "played", because I keep crashing out/disconnecting, and when I come back in, I'm either falling through NowheresvilleSpace, or get stuck one block lower than where I was, and either have to wait to get popped out, or break the block I'm "in" and hop out. Very annoying. And yes, I did a full reinstall.

Saturday - housework etc, then started moving some wood (a neighbor had a tree cut down, and offered it to us Thursday night for free, as long as we get it out of her yard, so I said heck yeah), moved about 50 pieces (8 trips) before I practically collapsed from exhaustion (cuz it's not like i'm out of shape or anything) then showered and did more housework before doing to Ocean City NJ with m'Lady. We swam for about 2 hours, then walked the boardwalk for close to 3. Had some pretty terrible seafood and got gently sun-roasted.

Sunday - After m'Lady left for work, I worked on two of the geocaches I'll be hiding soon, then showered and ran errands. Bought the ingredients for my Savory Sausage and tried something new: Salt-roasted potatoes. Basically I took small potatoes and seasoned them with dill and black pepper, then covered them with salt and roasted at 425 for about an hour. Let cool for 5 minutes, then cracked them out of the now-hard salt. Fantastic! Played a tiny bit of FF13-2...

I got through most of Academia 200AF and found out the "forbidden truth." I'm very close to the end of Episode 4. I've replaced my wimpy Cait Sith (700hp at 33 sucks) with a Green Chocobo for now, and have a Flanitor on deck (but need more components to level it past 17.) My primary party is still rav/rav/com (Behemoth, who at 27 deals some pretty wicked damage). I have leveled Serah and Noel to the point in each "class" where they will learn no more abilities. However, I need to get them one more ATB notch but the last two expansions triggered only bonuses and accessories +10. :\

Post subject: Re: 2012 Recap_32
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:00 am 
Insane Bard
Insane Bard

It was a pretty good weekend overall. Saturday night I did my Earthdawn game. We spent a good chunk of time quasi-converting up to 3rd edition. We are using the character progression and talent options from 3rd but sticking to 2nd for most of the rules/mechanics.

I finished up the main game of FF13-2. I thought it was an appropriate ending, although I found it somewhat lacking. I'll have to look up and see if there are multiple endings or if the DLC is what really polishes it out. Overall it was a good game.

Mike, I ended the game using the Behemoth and Green Chocobo. I have a flanitor at its max level (40) but the GC was already higher than that so I stuck with it. I have one of the little chicken/pillow looking guys as my 3rd as a rav.