Home of the Insane Bard
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:01 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: 2012 Recap_31
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:10 am 
Speed: Bard Speed
Speed:  Bard Speed

Friday - the usual, dialysis pickup

Saturday - after m'Lady went to work, I set about doing some yard work. I did one whole hour of pulling up some ivy in the front yard. I cleared an area about 10x10. Overfilled my little wheelbarrow which holds 4 cubic feet. And I was so wiped out afterwards I took an almost two hour nap. Worked on some laundry, showered then m'Lady picked me up and we went to her parents' house, and her dad took us around so that we could get a grill. Ended up getting a really nice Char-broil and some accessories. Went for bbq for dinner (ironically funnily) and went home.

Sunday - the rebel that I am slept in til almost 7. After waking m'Lady to go to work, I discovered that my back and legs were in too much pain...
So first I figured out my problem with my STO logins.
Then I was on WoW (shock!) for over an hour (mostly doing archaeology) before parking again in front of FF13-2. After you called me, Dale, I ended up by bedtime having clocked about 17 hours in-game. (I killed the weather flan-eating dragon, and filled in that area's map).

I kinda feel bad I only really did one hour's worth of yard work but considering it was of a sort I've not done in the recent past, I think I did an OK job... Well except for the fact that I still have a further 800+ square feet to do... And then there's the whole "fixing everything that I tore up" part... sigh.

Post subject: Re: 2012 Recap_31
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:39 am 
Insane Bard
Insane Bard

It was a pretty normal weekend until Sunday afternoon.

Friday we had my work buddy over and watched the first two Back to the Future movies. Saturday was the normal baby/game/movie thing.

Sunday when baby went down for her nap I hopped on my computer. It randomly shutdown and wouldn't boot. Trying to repair Windows wouldn't work. Reinstalling wouldn't work. Formatting and reinstalling didn't work. Replacing hard drive and then reinstalling did work. On a side note, a second partition on that physical drive was the one with all my installed games on it (WoW, D3, Steam, etc). There was then the joy of activation (btw, clean install from upgrade disc using upgrade code causes hell apparently). Then the usual assortment of patches, updates, and reinstalling everything. The way the new hard drive partitioned out I lost 200 gigs on my drive where I install all my games to. This put it too small to hold what I had installed. I had already cleaned out my steam folder a month ago, so no real help just uninstalling stuff there. The saving grace ended up being that all but two of my steam games didn't work when I just copied the data folder over. I'm having to reinstall pretty much everything (downloading over 30 gigs of stuff). I am taking it as a sign to clean up my game installs and am only installing several games instead of a crapton. It was a painful 8 hours of crap.