Xegony Bard

Home of the Insane Bard
It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:51 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: 2012 Recap_27
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:24 am 
Insane Bard
Insane Bard

What a busy week it was. We flew out to Indianapolis on Tuesday. Baby did pretty well on both flights but it took some juggling between our laps and a ton of work. I got pee'd on as a bonus while sprinting between terminals in Houston. On a side note, I made it through airport security twice with only a minor verbal incident in Austin.

Mandy's dad's surgery went well. It was a very long day. He is out of ICU (since Friday evening) and doing alright. He is still draining a bit more than they'd like, but I haven't heard anything specific as to if it is going to be a big issue or little one.

Friday we did the "I gotta find a car now" dance. The car Mandy was going to drive over to her mom's (4 hour drive) didn't have A/C and they were having triple digit heat. I finally found something but it was very expensive.

Mandy is ready to come home. She is tired and exhausted. She is back from her mom's and at her dad's place. She flies back on Wednesday the 4th.

Her family had a death in the family the morning we flew out (our 23 year old niece had car accident). The day I flew back out her 2nd cousin was in an accident and is in a coma. Not a good week.

My phone situation is resolved as well. It was a mad scramble this past weekend. Dealing with telecom companies is just meant to be painful I think. Hopefully I'm set for the next several years now though.

Here is to hoping for a better week.

Also, wish luck to Mandy on Wednesday as she flies back with baby solo.

Post subject: 2012 Recap_27
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:27 am 
Speed: Bard Speed
Speed:  Bard Speed

Wow, the year is now half over. Boy is it movin'.

Friday - I had found out Thursday that m'Lady would be off work on Sunday, so I instantly thought "ooh, Shore trip". And even though I had some ideas, there was a particular food place (a Triple D joint) that I wanted to take her... but couldn't remember the name, or even which Shore town it was in.
So luckily Friday while waiting in Dialysis for Dad, the exact Triple D episode I had been remembering was repeated, so I knew then I wanted to take her to Quahog's Seafood Shack.

Saturday - we were up early so that we could go to my church to have a priestly meeting. Afterwards, we stopped at a diner for breakfast and ran home. M'Lady for work, me to get my car to go to my mom's house to get my brother's help with fixing my ignition. Unfortunately, he never responded to me at all on Saturday, so I drifted between cleaning, reading, watching TV and movies. I also dug out the cooler, some beach towels, and a blanket.
During that, m'Lady texts me and says "what do you think about going to the Shore on Sunday?" And I'm thinking "crap, she read my mind" but it's awesome just the same.
So we toss back and forth some ideas.

Sunday - I let her sleep in longer than she wanted, but we got out of the house by 12:30 or so (3 hours later than I'd actually wanted, but she needed to sleep) and headed to Wildwood. We spent a good three hours in the ocean before cleaning up, getting changed, and headed to the restaurant (about 15 miles north). We waited a whole 8 minutes, perusing the little photo album they had at the souvenir counter (it had lots of pictures of the Triple D visit) and sat down to a fantastic dinner.
I had the BBQ Pacu Pacu ribs for an appetizer (awesome) and tried m'Lady's steamed clams (they were okay, but she said they were fantastic). Her entree was Clam carbonara (tasty) and mine was the Moqueca (superb). We both destroyed our plates.
After that, we headed back down to Wildwood and walked the Boardwalk for another two and a half hours or so before heading home.

It was a fantastic day that we both needed together, and I am so very happy she was able to laugh and giggle and smile for as long as she did yesterday. I'm so very glad I didn't go out of town solo this weekend.