Xegony Bard

Home of the Insane Bard
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:55 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: 2012 Recap_18
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:04 am 
Speed: Bard Speed
Speed:  Bard Speed

I've been slowly getting sick since I got back from Vegas. Whether it's the weather, allergies, or 'I'm just due' I don't know.

Friday - Food shopped on the way home from work, cobbled together dinner since m'Lady was on the closing shift, watched some TV

Saturday - her friends from NYC came down and we spent the day together; had some fantastic jewish deli sandwiches, chatted, saw some wild turkeys invade my backyard, went out for sushi.

Sunday - slept in a couple hours, did some cleaning, lay down on the couch and passed out for 3 hours, made dinner (meatloaf and veggies), then we watched a couple hours of "Once Upon A Time" before bed.

Post subject: Re: 2012 Recap_18
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:28 am 
Insane Bard
Insane Bard

Friday night my work buddy came over and we did a new board game called Smallworld. It was pretty fun. We had it figured out by the end of round 1 (easy to pick up).

I taught a half day on Saturday. After that it was a pretty normal weekend. I finished up the Diablo 3 beta. That is going to be a fun one when it comes out.

I needed a new game to start when in the living room with Hannah. I realized that I have only ever played FF12 once so I am going to give that one another go. The system is still clunky and annoying.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:35 am 

Dale wrote:
I needed a new game to start when in the living room with Hannah. I realized that I have only ever played FF12 once so I am going to give that one another go. The system is still clunky and annoying.

I never finished 12, but enjoyed it as far as I got.

I'm still quite enjoying Xenoblade, though I got no playtime in over the last two weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:58 am 

Friday - study

Saturday - study, take Caitlyn to a birthday party, go see Band of Misfit Pirates or something (it was ok, not worth $29.50 for a family of 4)...

Sunday - study, finish paper, play SWToR...

News: They are going to pull my front left tooth... the day before 8th grade graduation, I went over the handle bars of my mother's 10 speed bike and ate some pavement... I guess this wreck killed the nerve in the tooth and it has been slowly perishing all these years from the inside out. So, its looks really weird on the x-ray. So, we have to take it out and replace it with an implant. I am not looking forward to this, both from a tooth perspective and a financial perspective... I figure if I just let them take it out, I can move to Arkansas and fit right in, never have to worry about replacing...

Caitlyn is taking her Ohio Assessments this week. Reading today and Math on Wednesday... I really hope she slows down and does well. She can do it, but she has to prove it. Otherwise, we might be in a battle to get her moved on to 4th grade.

Charla worked most of the weekend, she had clients in town that had been having difficulty with their batches running properly. Not a normal weekend for us, don't really feel like we had much of a weekend.

Really looking forward to The Avengers... I hear it had a huge opening over seas.

No new games for me really. I picked up Civ Revolution for the 360. I used to have on the PS3, but now I don't have the PS3 so I needed it again. Its easy, but still fun.

I haven't pre-ordered Diablo 3 yet... might do that today. I really just want to see the story... the only people I'll play MP with will ya'll.

One of these days I'm going to make it over there Mike and your going to to have to take me around to some of these great places... I watch way too much triple D to miss out!!! hehe. We haven't decided where we're going for our anniversary that's coming up in July. It will be 17 years. Its not a milestone, its just we haven't done anything in the last 3 years since we've been moving and trying to get stable again... we're considering going down to Red River Gorge in KY and camping, or maybe D.C. or maybe a resort in WV, or a good ole standby in Chicago. We went to Bass Pro Shops to look at tents again (we sold ours to help fund the move) and they were really trying to get us to take a package deal... had to explain to Charla that they "just want to show your the resort for 2 hours" - meaning that it was a sales ploy to try and rope us in to a time share... sure sounded good... the weekend that is, not the time share... will never do a time share...